|Location||Zürich, Oerlikon, Zurich, Switzerland|
|Type of role||Internship|
Join our team as an intern for Application Engineering to support our Generator Circuit-Breakers business in Zürich-Oerlikon for 12 months. Our leaders are the engine for bringing the inclusion and diversity of thought to life and we need you who want to be a part of our journey!
- Supports application engineering activities
- Study the new developments in machine design, operation, and their impact on short-circuit current characteristics
- Perform studies of electromagnetic transients in power system, e.g. short-circuit current, transient recovery voltage, ferro resonance etc.
- Support the sales force to manage customer’s technical requests and participate in customer workshops and sales trainings
- Support sales force with the technical content for marketing material
- Perform power systems’ availability and life cycle cost analysis for use in retrofit and replacement projects
- Studies in Electrical Engineering or Power System Engineering
- Completed Bachelor studies and currently enrolled in the last year of Master studies
- Should have good knowledge of electrical power systems
- Familiar with automation platform such as Matlab, Excel-VBA, python etc.
- Experience in modeling and simulation with ATP-EMTP is a plus
- Fluent in English
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. Hitachi Energy Switzerland Ltd. Sonia Canelada Granizo Talent Acquisition