|Location||Vaasa, , Finland|
We are looking for a Purchasing Specialist at Hitachi ABB Power Grids, Transformers business in Vaasa. In this role your focus will be on executing the procurement of the materials and services that support the business by optimizing availability, inventory and reliability of the suppliers and supplied products. You will ensure execution in accordance with company and Procurement & Logistics sourcing strategy, instructions and procedures. We are looking for a variety of people to join our team so don’t hesitate to apply even though you don’t meet all requirements. A team with great cooperation and with diverse backgrounds is waiting for you to join!
- Secure material availability to production lines. Proactively communicates with suppliers and logistics to avoid material shortages and delays from suppliers.
- Review on the regular base the ERP demand plan and act accordingly to initiate or change in a timely manner the PO to Pay Process. Share forecast with supplier as defined.
- Create plan for every part in area of own responsibility. Maintaining an optimal level of inventory.
- Forecasting volumes to suppliers
- Work continuously to improve process performances in line with defined objectives
- Take into account supplier constraints in order to minimize risks to the delivery and extra costs. Manage long outstanding open PO’s adequately.
- Monitor supplier performance level on agreed KPI’s and provide regular feedback to suppliers. Implement improvement measures with the suppliers in alignment with other functions.
- Manage claims with suppliers.
- Supports in or manages new supplier introduction process and supplier ramp-ups.
- Provide reports and share with other colleagues and functions as needed.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or business administration or another relevant field
- Experience in purchasing or supply chain management is seen as an advantage
- Independent, proactive, development-minded and goal focused attitude to work
- Swift communication skills and ability to run successful negotiations
- SAP experience in MM module is seen as an advantage
- Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English
More about us
Ready for a new exciting challenge? Apply for the position by 17th October 2021. We will initiate interviews as candidates apply and position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. For more information about this role, please contact, Jarmo Rintala, Planning & Fulfillment Manager, tel. +358 50 334 4510. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com