|Location||Jakarta, DKI Jakarta Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Type of role||Middle Management / Senior Management|
The Hitachi Energy business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission, and distribution value chain. Hitachi Energy Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid. Lead several engineering teams within a business unit. Drive teams’ performance to ensure that safety, integrity, financial and contractual requirements are met. Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities across teams.
- Technical contribution: Leads engineering teams which are responsible for several projects or sector areas and ensures delivery of a portfolio of projects on time, in full. Provides direction to the teams with a focus on safety, on time delivery, quality and margin improvement.
- Customer and sales: Build and maintains customer relationships, seeks feedback and provides innovative solutions to meet customer requirements and deliver improvements. Provides engineering support during the bid phase, supports presentation of proposals to customers. Works with business development to target new opportunities Presents new technology and innovation at conferences, client events.
- Backoffice management: Oversees offshore back-office work within one’s area of responsibility. Conducts regular progress reviews, identifies and manages contractual risks.
- Planning and control: Plan, forecasts, evaluates and manages workload to ensure engineering teams are adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs. Oversees planning and control process in the engineering teams. Conducts regular reviews to ensure that the teams are delivering work according to the customer and Hitachi Energy requirements.
- Risk and opportunity management: Creates and implements plans to ensure that business risks are identified and managed, opportunities maximized. Ensures that required systems are understood, developed and correctly implemented.
- Supply chain management: Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that correct suppliers services and equipment are available to support the engineering execution.
- Technical leadership and development: Facilitate best practice sharing within the engineering team.
- Processes and tools: Initiate and drives continuous improvement activities. Develops, implements and improves relevant processes, policies and procedures to improve effectiveness across the engineering function.
- People leadership and development: Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, coaches and develops employees reporting directly and indirectly, within HR policies.
- Finance and budget: Create financial plans and budget estimates for unit/business area. Oversees adherence to these plans and estimates.
- Occupational Health and Safety: Lead, drive and hold itself accountable for the highest standards of health, safety and environment to ensure Zero Harm is achieved. Responsible for compliance with relevant HSE policy and procedures, ensuring proactive risk assessments take place and corrective actions monitored/followed up. Build an injury, incident, near miss and hazard reporting culture within the team, guaranteeing reported incidents will be investigated and action taken. Create a workplace where everyone views health, safety and environment as the most important non-negotiable value of your business.
- Engineering/Trade qualifications – Electrical or equivalent, > 15 years’ experience in Electrification, Power generation or Power T&D in similar role.
- Experience across Electrical Industry, Utilities, Power T&D or Power Systems projects an advantage.
- Knowledge of Quality standards, Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement methodologies from Value engineering & problem-solving perspective will be a plus.
- Awareness of power system technology, safety and IEC/IEEE standards.
- Advanced computer skills across MS Office, MS Teams, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail.
- Expresses opinions, able to work with multiple stakeholders and positions.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com