|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
You will be responsible for ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of operations to facilitate business activities. Developing and sustaining effective control environment to strengthen corporate governance.
- Reviewing Contracts, Policies and other legal documents from vendors, customers and other third parties ensuring compliance with local law requirements, Group policies, including all matters pertaining to Real Estate for ABB Power Products & Systems India Limited (APPSIL) and ABB Power Technology Services Private Limited (APTSPL).
- As Company Secretary of APTSPL, you will be responsible for all legal and secretarial matters of APTSPL.
- Supporting all Secretarial matters of APPSIL – Listed Company including drafting of Board / committee agenda, minutes, filing of forms, notifying stock exchanges, statutory compliance reporting, addressing investor grievance.
- Implementing Statutory Compliance reporting and monitoring mechanism for both APPSIL and APTSPL.
- Supporting Business Managers in ensuring that delivered sales/procurements are performed in accordance with the Contract and Customer/Vendor expectations.
- Providing all Legal & Contract Management support needed in drafting contracts, participating in the Risk Review process, highlighting associated risk and providing mitigation plan (including waiver applications).
- Participating in and promote activities to ensure employees conduct business with integrity in accordance to the organization Code of Conduct, Group Directives, Governance Process and Local Laws.
- Giving guidance to the business on internal controls in line with Group and Country policies, guidelines, Management Instructions and procedures.
- Providing training to employees on Contractual, Legal and Integrity matters including training on Contract Management, Anti-Trust, Code of Conduct, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing various project and transactional documents to assess impact of the terms and conditions advice on better alternatives including risk and opportunity assessment to ensure margin improvement during execution.
- Providing legal advice and counsel to Hitachi ABB Management across either a broad range of legal & contractual issues, or within one specialist area, and manages dispute and litigation matters as directed.
- Ensuring filing of cases, defending cases, follow-up, preparation of MIS pertaining to litigation by and against the company and Notices received and issued by the Company.
- Anticipating and identifying contractual & legal issues of concern to management and proactively develops effective strategies and practical solutions for smooth execution of project and effective claim management.
- Understanding quickly various Contracts and procedures and how it applies to specific situations.
- Availability for travelling to customers, suppliers & other stakeholders premises for negotiations & resolve issues.
- Due diligence and investigation.
- A Bachelor of Laws & Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Minimum 8 years of experience.
- Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Commercial Contracts negotiation
- Expert knowledge of Corporate Law, Secretarial matters for listed Company
- Statutory Compliance reporting for listed Company including SEBI LODR
- Litigation Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Learning opportunities for the candidate:
- Exposure to various in-house certification programs
- Stakeholder Management through continuous interaction with employees and senior officials across the organization
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com