|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Planning of control and protection systems for power electronic converter projects.
- Specifying, programming and documenting of the control software as well as the fabrication and test documentation for the hardware.
- Specifying auxiliary components and define technical requirements and interfaces with sub suppliers.
- Software designing with 800xA Compact Control Builder and possibly Matlab / Simulink.
- Verifying your software on the real-time simulator as well as in the project hardware.
- Besides bringing the software into service, you will operate specialist support for the service group as well as for the customer.
- Supporting the sales department in the concept and tender phase.
- Performing commissioning support and customer training on site.
- During the whole project phase, handling the technical documentation of your work.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelors in Electrical & Electronics Engineer or M.Tech in Power systems or Power Electronics or related discipline.
- 2+ Years of experience in process control and software design (including 800xA Control Builder).
- Ability to read electrical schematic drawings and to propose components required for hardware design for project requirement.
- Excellent knowledge in power systems, with good understanding of automation concepts and power electronics.
- Substation / Industrial Automation design & testing experience (including 800xA Control Builder).
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”