|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Analyze customer specification to ensure Hitachi - Power Grids solution to meets the requirements.
- Analyze HVAC / Climate systems and equipment to find inefficiencies or malfunctions and create solutions to optimize performance and increase the efficiency of operation.
- Prepare Requirement Specification for HVAC / Climate systems in line with the specification.
- Technical evaluation of supplier proposals and aspects as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
- Review drawings and documents to fulfil the local regulations.
- Technical coordination with Electrical and Mechanical department.
- Technical coordination with Civil & MEP.
- Coordination with the BIM for clash control.
- Coordination with Project/Tender Team efficiently.
- Identify the risk and opportunities effectively and propose mitigation plan.
- Provide inputs to time schedule and monitor the activities accordingly to ensure on time delivery.
- Monitor the project Key Performance Indicators for HVAC / Climate scope.
- Travel to site when necessary to solve technical issues related to HVAC / Climate system.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Civil design of power plant / substations.
- Good knowledge of the relevant international Standards/Codes - British Standards (BS), Indian codes (IS), ASHRAE, EN Standard or equivalent shall be an advantage.
- Experience with AutoCAD & MS office is a must.
- Experience in REVIT MEP, BIM360 & Carrier HAP Calculation is advantages.
- Good communication skills.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”