|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
Our Grid Automation hardware, software and services portfolio unites deep domain knowledge and innovative technologies that enable customers across the globe to optimize the critical systems that power, move and connect us. Together, we’re building a more productive and sustainable world.
- Engineering Activities - Performing assigned engineering tasks as a member of a team in R&D, Design or Operations.
- Consulting - Assisting in providing consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Technical Solutions - Suggesting effective applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new products or new software to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
- Market Knowledge - Maintaining awareness of state-of the art technology and market trends affecting company products and services.
- Maintaining product documentation - revision of existing documents, preparation of new documents when necessary esp. Manufacturing drawings, Purchase drawings, Product brochures and manuals.
- Technical support to production and testing functions.
- Troubleshoot and analyse quality problems.
- Answering technical queries from customers, provide setting calculations for protection relays to customers.
- Product presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Working with supply management to find new or alternative components.
- Product cost reduction by value engineering.
- Keeping track of periodical type testing schedules and co-ordinate type testing of relays, including visiting and presence in external type testing lab(s) during type testing.
- Preparation of type test protocol based on IEC standards.
- Supporting to production and testing functions in developing test fixtures.
- Getting involved and support colleagues in development new products and transfer of products.
- Interacting with internal & external customers and collect market requirements as inputs to product life cycle management.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor/Master’s in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in Product Development, Engineering team with Substation Automation projects.
- Knowledge of electrical technology and electrical power systems.
- Knowledge of high voltage substations equipment and apparatus.
- Experience in Engineering or Commissioning and testing of products/components for Substation Automation /Numerical Protection / relays and IED configuration tools.
- Experience in Electrical product development or Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) Industry.
- Knowledge of IPC standards and RoHS requirements.
- MATLAB & PSCAD Simulation Tool.
- Knowledge of PLC programming, C & C++ will be added advantage.
- Engineering and Substation Automation projects.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).” #LI-SEA1