|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Preparation of electrical circuit diagrams of high voltage Circuit Breaker (66kV and above) for various substation configurations.
- Co-ordination and reviewing the 2D and 3D drawings before submitting the same to customers.
- Preparation of guaranteed technical parameters for various high voltage equipment’s such as circuit breakers, disconnectors, earth switches.
- Addressing the technical queries raised by customer during execution of project in case if required.
- Supporting to various cross functions like SCM, project management and quality for understanding the customer requirements and specifications in case if required.
- Generating BoM of modules and products and creating part numbers using SAP.
- Supporting to onsite installation and commissioning colleagues for understanding the customer drawings and other technical support.
- Visiting the customer for attending the queries and ensuring the engineering drawings approval in time.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelors/Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 – 7 years of experience in E3 software.
- Knowledge of relevant International standards ex. IEEE, IEC etc.
- Knowledge of high voltage gas insulated switchgear (66kv and above).
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”