|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Type of role||Line Management / Project lead|
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Performing power system studies like load flow, short circuit, transient stability and switching transients for utility / industrial systems.
- Design and evaluate the performance of STATIC VAR Compensator (SVC) and Series Compensation (SC) for Power Utilities across the globe.
- Modeling of power system equipment and using simulation tools such as EMTDC / PSCAD, PSS/E, RTDS.
- Application of Power Electronics in HV/EHV system.
- Providing our customers with products and services that help them to address the problems in their network while minimizing environmental impact.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Master’s degree in Power System Engineering or in a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 Years of experience in power system studies.
- Exposure in tools like PSCAD, MATLAB, Digsilent, PSS/E, RTDS, Simpow, Windows and MS office.
- Good knowledge of Power Systems equipment and their purpose. Example, Power Transformers, Capacitors, Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnectors and Surge Arrestors.
- Better understanding in correlation of power system performance (i.e. dynamic performance, transient performance, switching phenomena etc.) with power system equipments and controllability.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill, Fluent English.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”