|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
You as R&D Engineer will be part of Hitachi ABB Power Grids business-based Bangalore, you shall be supporting Testing and Lab activities relevant to our automation solutions. You shall act under the guidance of Senior R&D engineers giving your contribution in the execution of the testing activities. Under guidance you shall as well contribute on specific tasks to the development work.
- Designing implementation, validation and testing of power system relevant control strategies.
- Supporting complete R&D project life cycle, from design to testing.
- Giving demo or presentations to other team members or product managers about the solutions.
- Supporting in definition or execution or documentation of test cases.
- Bachelor or master’s degree, preferred in Electrical Engineering, with focus on Power System domain.
- 3 - 8 years of experience in digital control applied to Power Systems.
- Experience in automation platforms (DCS and PLC; IEC 61131 languages). Eager to apply simulated and validated concepts on real automation platform.
- Sound Knowledge on industrial communication protocols like- IEC61850, IEC60870-101/104, Modbus, DNP3.0, Profibus, can bus etc.
- Experience with Power Electronics and control of Power Electronics devices connected to the grid.
- Sound knowledge of related products (switchgear, sensors, automation) and power system integration is a plus
- Proficiency in English, speaking and writing.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com