|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Control of project and quality data for production in line with customer spec (STP).
- Creation of Test Reports according project and quality data (Excel or MES).
- Creation of Actas mechanical test jobs according project and quality data (Actas or Access database).
- Check of factory and supplier test reports in line with customer spec (STP).
- Communicate with internal functions such as Engineering and internal customer such as PM.
- Lead Problem Solving discussions related to the KPI Data and results.
- Support the Business Leaders on periodic reporting/dashboard creation and communication of the same.
- Optimise use of methods & tools to automate data analysis and business Intelligence using the relevant Technological solutions such as PowerBI, excel pivots, VBA Macros etc.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical).
- Experience in Quality roles and exposure to IS tool deployment role across an organisation.
- Proficient in understanding Quality processes and concepts.
- Prior relevant Industry experience, knowledge of Product Life cycle Management is an added advantage.
- Proficient in SAP / ERP systems, MS-Office, PowerBI or any other Business Intelligence tool.
- Basic knowledge of IEC standards is preferred.
- Self-motivated, willingness to take up and lead new challenges, excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving techniques and tools using L6S approach.
- Ability to work out of off shore/remote locations.
- Agile response to the changing business requirements.
- Stakeholder Management through continuous interaction with Business Leaders and Partners across the globe.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com