|Location||Kuwait, , Kuwait|
You as a Senior Commissioning Engineer, will be part of Power Grids business based in Kuwait, Kuwait. You are responsible for supporting Act as commissioning lead for medium to high complex projects. Ensure completion of all commissioning activities efficiently and cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements
- Technical contribution: Managing the commissioning activities to ensure quality, timely delivery within targeted costs. Ensures implementation design changes in commissioning and the production of as built project documentation. Supports continuous improvement of projectcprocess/product/system design.
- Sales support: Assisting in creation and presentation of proposals for engineering projects or programs (provision of bills of material, estimated engineering hours etc.).
- Contract management: Supports Contract Managers in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.). Ensuring adherence to safety standards in the area of responsibility and mitigation of potential risks.
- Planning and control Creating work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Managing the implementation of the commissioning plan. Improves effectiveness of work plans in collaboration with other functions.
- Risk and opportunity management: Conducts risk and opportunity assessments during commissioning phase to ensure implementation of commissioning plan, identifies & reports potential risks related to contract/quality/program/cost and recommends resolutions to management. Initiates and monitors risk mitigation plan in own area of responsibility and ensures stakeholders are updated on associated technical risks. Conducts Safety Observation tour regularly to report and mitigate potential HSE hazards.
- Customer : Leading and coordinating commissioning activities focused on finalizing customer acceptance certification. Interacts with customers and external providers for approval of plant acceptance criteria, open issues closure and performance tests. Identifies and introduces new effective engineering solutions to meet business and customer needs. Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of commissioning.
- Supply chain management: Managing external organizations to ensure availability of commissioning equipment, systems or services. Provides technical guidance to ensure tools/systems meet required specifications.
- Technical leadership and development: Developing coaches and provides technical guidance to colleagues in assigned business unit. Gives feedbacks to the organization to apply lessons learned process.
- Processes and tools Creating standard processes and tools. Ensures that all commissioning activities comply with the required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Identifies, introduces and promotes processes and tools in one’s area of responsibility
- People leadership and development: Guides and assigns task to engineers, technicians and administrative staff. May manage small project teams.
- Safety & Integrity: Living Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering
- Have Kuwait engineering society membership.
- Have valid Kuwait driving licensee
- Minimum 10 years with Kuwait market
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com