|Location||Baden, , Switzerland|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy Research are looking for a Researcher with expertise in the area of Automated Trading and Energy Market Analytics. You will join a dynamic, motivated and creative team with a broad range of experience and competences. As part of our team you will combine theory with practice, creating, testing and validating new technologies to enable the energy transition. For this position you can be located at one of our research centers in Mannheim/Germany, Baden/Switzerland, Montreal/Canada, Raleigh/US, Krakow/Poland or Västeras/Sweden.
- Propose, contribute to and lead research projects designing trading solutions for energy markets (electricity, non-electric energy, multi-energy systems, CO2 compensation), risk management, strategic investment and intelligence tools.
- Be the energy trading domain expert in our interdisciplinary team, collaborating with experts in power systems, AI, optimization, mathematics, data science, SW and human-computer interaction.
- Propose investigate, and develop automated trading solutions with business impact, turn them into prototypes and verify them.
- Develop concepts for combining models of energy markets with new and emerging technologies such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise.
- Collaborate with local and global external partners including universities, open-source communities, startups and vendors.
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports.
- Strong academic qualification with an internationally recognized degree at masters or doctorate level in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, or any related field.
- In-depth knowledge of energy planning and trading solutions, including aspects such as market analytics, market data automation and integration solutions and trading and risk management.
- Software development experience to develop trading algorithms.
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com