|Location||Doha, , Qatar|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
You as a Senior Tendering Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Doha, Qatar. Reporting to the LPG Manager - PGHV & PGTR, you will be responsible to register customer RFQ’s, tenders, draft contract obligations check them carefully within Hitachi Energy guideline and policies, maintaining responsibility is the tender activities of service.
- Analyzing technical and commercial requirements and define products or applications to be used for bid opportunities. Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Documents. Preparing proposals defining technical, commercial conditions, pricing and other terms and conditions. Ensuring to comply with all the internal processes and requirements like Integrity, OHS, Risk Review..etc.
- Maintaining relevant backup documents for all bids and proposals. Preparing of compliance statement. Keeping track of changes and modifications in the project. Attending the customer meetings as per requirement. To compile technical & commercial offers in accordance with customers’ requirements.
- Reviewing offers against customers' technical specification and commercial conditions with design department and contracts department respectively. Managing and requesting for quotations from factories and vendors in cooperation with sourcing department.
- Taking responsible for compiling or calculating the total costs of project, including materials, services, engineering hours, project management hours and service man-hours. Preparing necessary internal requirement for management approvals. Preparing and attending tender clarifications and negotiations.
- Act on behalf of the tender manager during his management absence or as assigned. Compiling with the responsibilities as per quality procedures and quality manual. Booking orders on SAP system and handover the to the project file to the project execution team. Maintaining the data on SFDC.
- Customer Satisfaction Management in Tenders & Offers. Assuring Hitachi Energy commitments to customer are met, in accordance with contract.
- Assuring and seeking to improve customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent customer interaction, e.g. communication, (phone, e-mail, etc.) and customer meetings, kick off, review, etc. Encouraging openness & respect, and build trust, confidence & loyalty with customers and partners.
- Forthrightly presents an account of tender’s status/issues in sales reviews. Reporting status or progress to customer and other stake holders with appropriate detail for desired understanding, e.g. to assure payment, set expectation, etc. Raising potential sales issues to relevant stake holders. Effectively reports sales progress or other situations either verbally or in writing to assure desired understanding.
- Understanding risks as well as what may be causing a change in risk exposure and actions to avoid or mitigate. Understanding opportunities and how to take advantage of them. Identifying and mitigating risks associated with important aspects such as Health and Safety.
- Proactively pursues decided upon mitigation efforts for identified risks. Identifying and acting upon new risks and opportunities as they occur. Assuring avoidance or mitigation of liquidated damages and other penalties or claims.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering with domain experience in Hitachi Energy business.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in Tenders and proposal. Experience on Medium Voltage will be an advantage.
- Experience with tenders of different size, complexity and scope types.
- Ability to work with tenders of different size, complexity, and scope.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com