|Location||Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden|
Do you want to be part of a dynamic engineering organization working with world-leading technology in a rapidly changing business towards a sustainable and green future? As an engineering manager within the engineering function across the Operating Unit (System Integration) unit in Sweden you will lead and inspire a team of highly skilled engineers and experts, working in complex customer projects as well as tenders and platform development. We are a tight team that collaborate and work together. We can offer you an innovative environment with a lot of freedom, and interesting new technology development for growing markets. At Hitachi ABB Power grids the employee and people come first, and competency and career development are in our DNA.
- In this role you will be the manager of an electrical engineering team which also includes commissioning activities at our sites, mainly in Sweden.
- You will coach, mentor, develop and lead the team to engage the behaviors and mind-sets to achieve a culture that drives success.
- You will develop and drive continuous improvement activities to improve processes, policies, procedures and effectiveness within one’s area of responsibility.
- You will ensure that the engineering team is adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs, including recruitment.
- You will facilitate best practice sharing within the engineering team and the rest of the organization.
- You will be in the center of things and will quickly get to know and collaborate with large parts of the organization, be involved in technical and strategic decisions, and work closely together with your team, and the other managers in the engineering organization.
- You hold a university degree in a relevant area, such as electrical, software, industrial engineering or similar.
- Leadership skills from line management, project management, from a leading role in an agile setup or similar are required. In addition, experience in power systems is a requirement.
- Experience from system integration, electrical design and system knowledge of vehicle charging architectures is considered as a merit.
- You communicate well, have a structured way of working and have a strong will to drive and implement improvements and change transformations.
- Most important for this role is your personality and your willingness to learn and explore new areas, and the will to develop and coach your team.
- A positive mindset with a can-do attitude and excellent teamwork and collaboration skills are crucial to succeed in the role.
More about us
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply 4th of October! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today! More information: Recruiting Manager, David Strinnholm, +46 107-38 61 73, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer; Stefan Andersson, +46 107- 38 08 21; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +46 21-32 85 47; Unionen: Karin Ulvemark, +46 107-38 51 42 or Ingrid Rinaldo, +46 107- 38 51 42. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Helena Stefansdottir, +46 107-38 53 98. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com