|Location||Ludvika, Dalarnas County, Sweden|
Join our System Design team as our Simulation Model Developer! If you have a keen interest in how and why things really work the way they do and pay attention to detail in order to navigate different challenges – this is the role for you. We offer you an exciting and stimulating work environment where you will be an important team-player in collaboration with engineering and marketing departments as with customers. Your problem-solving skills will contribute to develop models for multiple simulation tools used for power system studies, a key element to provide sustainable grids for the future. We are interested to learn more about you and what you can contribute with so don’t hesitate to apply even though you don’t meet all requirements.
- Development of models for simulation tools used for power system studies.
- Virtual representation of real control and protection system.
- Participate in process development and provide internal as well as external engineering support.
- Verification studies with focus on dynamic performance.
- Model structure and internal code module definitions.
- Simulation program interface, tool and process development.
- Supporting projects and tenders for HVDC System Design and interact with both internal and external stakeholders in those areas
- You hold a Masters or Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Power or Energy Engineering, Software Engineering, Engineering Physics or similar field.
- You are service-minded and have good communication skills
- You enjoy working in diverse and multicultural teams and are interested to share your experiences and knowledge with your colleagues as well as learn from them
- You are flexible, enjoy problem solving and work in a structured way
- Previous experience in power engineering, programming, control theory, dynamic modelling and simulation tools (PSCAD, PSSE, EMTP, PowerFactory, etc.) is meriting but not a requirement.
- You are fluent in English since you will be part of a company that operates on the global arena.
More about us
Are you ready to join Hitachi Energy for a career with no limits and a place where you can be yourself? We are ready for you. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so the sooner you show your interest the better. Last day to send in your application is October 20. Recruiting Manager Erik Kilander, +46 107-38 73 33, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer; Torbjörn Wilund, +46 107-38 25 73, or Mikael Hjort, +46 107-38 25 73; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12; Unionen: Stefan Barkman, +46 107-38 33 04. All other questions can be directed to Talent Acquisition Specialist Alexandra Lind, +46 107-382401, firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be part of Hitachi Energy, and its HVDC System Engineering organization - responsible for electrical design of HVDC power plants. HVDC technology has been on the market for the past 60 years and it is used to transmit power reliably and efficiently over long distances and with minimal losses, using overhead lines, underground and submarine cable systems. Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi Energy balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachienergy.com #LI-NEU1