|Location||Samutprakarn, , Thailand|
Our Sustainability team is a trusted business partner, setting strategic direction and delivering effective, efficient services that embed health, safety, environment, security and corporate responsibility in sustainable business practices. They help capitalize on market opportunities, reducing risk for the benefit of our business, our customers, employees and stakeholders. We work together as one team around the world to strengthen governance, and to support the business in improving performance and integrating sustainability deeper into our organization - creating a vital competitive edge. You will contribute to improving performance in HSE and Sustainability across Hitachi ABB Power Grids (HAPG) on project sites, manufacturing plants and service and perform technical and process-based audits in business lines and local operating units by applying in-depth specialist knowledge to drive excellence. You will also assist in managing relevant stakeholders (operations, quality and operations, business functions) and in the delivery of the annual HAPG HSE and Sustainability Audit Program and offer practical, state of the art solutions and advice. This role could be based anywhere in East Asia with special focus on Thailand, China or South Korea.
- Providing excellent services to operations for managing the annual HSE and Sustainability audit program and its associated protocols.
- Tracking, assessing, and reporting on emerging trends in the functional scope leading to continuous improvement.
- Acting with a very high level of integrity and expectations to drive world-class performance.
- Supporting managers to ensure that audit and assurance are compliant with HSE and Sustainability standards, regulations, and guidelines
- Driving behavioral change to continuously improve sustainability performance through coordinated HAPG-wide performance improvement programs and initiatives. Facilitating the sharing of best practices and applies HAPG standardized processes to deliver consistent sustainability support globally.
- Maintaining an external awareness and perspective and acts as a recognized expert, with consulting responsibility on functional area knowledge and trends.
- Engaging external (e.g., customers, suppliers, relevant authorities, and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders to leverage the HSE and Sustainability culture.
- Cooperating with other functions and business partners to drive sustainability performance.
- Supporting delivery of the annual HSE and Sustainability audit program and the implementation of sustainability objectives within area of responsibility in alignment with HAPG’s Sustainability 2030 strategy.
- Contributing to and/or plans and executes projects within area of responsibility leading to performance improvement. Developing and reports on project objectives. Managing project resources such as manpower, financials, and other relevant factors.
- Facilitating Audit and Assurance training sessions to skill up HAPG HSE and Sustainability professionals and ensuring effective risk management through excellence in sustainability along HAPG’s value chain.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Very high level of integrity.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally at least 60% of the time, potentially on short notice.
- Pragmatic, action- and result-oriented.
- State of the art expertise in audit technics.
- Expertise in related HSE and Sustainability scope and regional regulatory framework.
- Lean manufacturing and operational excellence skills.
- Knowledge in occupational health and process safety.
- Skilled in environmental management and security.
- Industrial experience in both project/service and manufacturing activities within a global organization.
- Proven experience as a lead auditor.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated audit experience with behaviors and attitudes in line with ISO19011.
- A good understanding of ISO45001:2018, ISO14001:2014 and ISO 26000:2010.
- Fluent in both English and one (at a minimum) pertinent language for HAPG operations in the region.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com