|Location||Samut Prakan, Krung Thep, Thailand|
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind. Hitachi-ABB's High Voltage Products team provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. You will manage a team of designers/engineers to deliver high quality, cost effective and timely engineering solutions to customers in Samutprakarn, Thailand. Reporting to the Operating Unit Manager, you will formulate plan, allocate resources to meet the agreed contractual and financial targets. You will also ensure team's compliance with standard processes, procedures, practices and safety requirements.
- Leading the designing of LV/MV/HV Capacitor Banks and Power Quality solutions and driving team performance to ensure that deliverables are met on time, as per the set contract, safety and quality requirements.
- Verifying, reviewing and approving conceptual design, calculation and engineering deliverables for equipment, systems or installations for low to medium complexity engineering assignments.
- Capable of using and training standard processes and tools including software packages and developing new methodologies.
- Managing work plans and working closely with Project Management team, Sales team and customers to shape and deliver technical solutions, utilizing feedback to drive the delivery of innovative improvements and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating with the Procurement & Logistics team to ensure that correct suppliers, services, and equipment are available to support the engineering function.
- Ensuring that the engineering team is adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs.
- Developing and driving continuous improvement activities to optimize processes, policies, procedures and team effectiveness.
- Guiding, motivating, coaching and developing the skill, knowledge and competencies of the engineering team.
- Living Power Grids’ core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferable in Major Power.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Manager Position of Design and/or Application.
- Preferable experience in designing LV/MV/HV Capacitor Banks and/or Power Quality solutions.
- Sound knowledge of engineering techniques, processes and tools, including ePlan, AutoCAD, protection relay configuration, schematic control diagram and other relevant knowledges in designing LV/MV/HV Capacitor Banks and Power Quality solutions.
- Capable of training and developing subordinates to fulfill team responsibility.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
- Good command with Thai & English Language (Read, Write, Listening and Communications), and Computer Literacy.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com