|Location||Dar es Salaam, , Tanzania|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
You as a Sales Specialist, will be part of Power Grids Grid Integration Tanzania and reporting to Sales Manager South Africa PGGI. You will be responsible for sales of products/systems within a designated market in accordance with strategy. To build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Volume and profit: -Selling products/systems and services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups. This Role is for the Sub Station Division of Hitachi Energy in Tanzania focusing on Retrofit, Extensions & Upgrade, Service of existing install base, New Sub Stations, excluding Civil Works and with the Focus on Containerized Solutions, Mobile Sub Stations, Power Quality installations, such as CAP Banks, SVC’s, STATCOM’s and the like. Renewables also considered, where we can leverage Engineered Packages to EPC’s, including Product supply, Supervision of Installation and Commissioning.
- Customer relations: -Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: -Preparing sales plans and forecasting using company tools, Knowledge of Sales Force Dot Com, Software would be an advantage. Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: -Creating added value for the customer and Hitachi Energy and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts, and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicates details in accordance with Hitachi Energy offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: -Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers. Special Focus should be on Mining and Industrial Customers.
- New market opportunities: -Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: -Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: -Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Sales Manager. Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Technical knowledge/expertise needed: High Voltage Experience in Sub Stations, along with knowledge of Control & Protection Systems, FACT’s, Containerized Solutions & Power Quality Solutions a must.
- 5 to 8 years of experience needed
- Any role complexities: Must be willing to Travel extensively throughout Tanzania and must be in possession of a valid Passport for Travel internationally for Training and Workshops.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com