|Location||New Berlin, Wisconsin, USA|
|Type of role||Line Management / Project lead|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Service Operations Manager for its Raleigh, NC location and or remote locations throughout the United States. This role encompasses the administration of service programs and service personnel that are technically trained individuals supporting our installed base. It also consists of the development and implementation of proactive programs to meet customer needs. The position also includes the coordination of investigations of customer satisfaction issues and assisting to achieve equitable solutions. Develop business in the North American region involving such aspects as commercial agreements, proposal development, pricing development, risk assessment and sales strategies. Ensure that firm bids and orders received are at acceptable profit levels. Initiate actions to resolve complex problems and foster and implement measures to achieve cost savings and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities utilizing Hitachi Energy's resources and experience base in traditional and non-traditional markets worldwide. Participate in planning efforts with other Hitachi Energy Sales and Business Development teams. Establish and maintain close ties with customers and support groups.
- ‘Manage’ and ‘Lead’ the day to day activities of the service organization ensuring that all resources are available to ensure that service tasks are being delivered on time and in a safe and effective manner.
- Evaluate market conditions, prepare sales plans and forecasts, and develop cost effective business strategies to achieve objectives. Direct the preparation of proposals, determine appropriate technical and contractual approach consistent with the organization's objectives.
- Develop action plans for customers and facilitate plan implementation by participating business units, business areas and sales. Establish business/market segment strategies to achieve growth/profitability objectives and increase customer satisfaction.
- Determine commercial viability of products and resources required.
- Negotiate commercial features and arrangements with potential business partners, customers and internal groups while effectively representing the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business or related field and a minimum 8 to 12 years of experience, or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated performance
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- MBA or post-graduate management courses preferred
- Requires strong communication skills to influence the organization and negotiate with customers
- Must demonstrate prior experience in managing service personnel and effective planning with Supply Chain Management(SCM)
- Foreign travel and availability for communications in any time zone may be necessary.
More about us
#LI-USA Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program