|Location||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Field Service Engineer for High Voltage AIS GIS products. This is a field-based position with 80% travel to customer sites. Hitachi Candidates should reside in/around Princeton NJ, Chicago IL, Houston TX, Los Angela CA, Las Vegas NV. Other major airport hub locations can also be considered. This role is responsible for planning, executing and leading, with minimal professional guidance, technical field assignments involving the installation, modification, test, commissioning, or repair of High Voltage switchgear apparatus in the range of 69kV through 550kV, High Voltage Gas Insulated Substations – GIS, Circuit Breakers, and Instrument Transformers.
- Perform field service operations that present usual or unusual problems requiring solid technical skills.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on High Voltage equipment.
- Execute or supervise the installation and commissioning of GIS substations and high voltage circuit breakers (69kV through 550kV).
- Perform and document field tests such as SF6 leak detection, gas analysis, timing, power factor, contact resistance.
- Compile and evaluate data to determine and resolve operating problems or malfunctions.
- Conduct inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs and assist in determining resource requirements.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, applying own knowledge and experience.
- Supervise electricians and contractors, hired by Hitachi Energy, or provided by the customer.
- Develop recommendations and prepare written reports.
- Maintain detailed records and logs.
- Recommend changes such as new equipment or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in planning and coordinating team efforts.
- Often work nonstandard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
- Travel estimated at 80%
- Follow safety policies and procedures.
- Technical certificate or Associate degree in an electrical or mechanical related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience dealing with High Voltage Substations and equipment (>69kV) at field assignments supervising erection and testing OR Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience dealing with High Voltage Substations and equipment (>69kV) at field assignments supervising erection and testing.
- This is a field-based position with 80% travel to customer sites.
- Experience working with Power Utilities.
- Experience with SF6 gas handling, leak detection and testing.
- Proven leadership experience coordinating and leading crew on electrical projects installation.
- Preferable previous role as field supervisor in the assembly and commissioning of Gas Insulated Substations (69kV..550kV)
- Reading of electrical drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge to operate test equipment, such as CB timers, power factor, TTR, ductor, CT testers.
- Familiarity with windows applications.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program