|Location||Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa|
You as a Sales Specialist, will be part of Power Grids business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. You are responsible for sales of products, systems & services within a designated market in accordance with strategy for the EPC channel of Power Grids. Building long term customer relationships and managing resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identifying and developing sales opportunities.
- Volume and Profit: Selling products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups.
- Customer Relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales Plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and Hitachi ABB Power Grids and ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts, and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with Hitachi ABB Power Grids offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New Market Opportunities: Identifying and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supporting collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer Preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety & Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B. Tech or B.SC degree in Electric or Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in customer relationship building, business development and sales in Power Grids line of business.
- Proven track record of sales of projects and products.
- Good understanding of the EPC landscape in Southern Africa.
- ECSA Professional registration is desirable.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com