Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Responsible to plan, execute and continuously optimize the business operations by effectively managing daily transport. Drive continuous improvement of T&L processes, tools and services. Ensure that the KPI targets are meet and improved. Supports Business Function and/or Business Excellence Centers to ensure goods are shipped. Develop, maintain, and improve transport / logistics processes to optimize inbound and / or outbound transportation events to external customers and internal factories.
- Responsible to develop & oversee the CoE strategies for a competitive advantage in the Transport Operations. Define and drive the implementation of the TT&L strategy in the country in close alignment and collaboration with internal & external stake owners.
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders. Closely operate with the factories according to clear roles and responsibilities. Drive sustainable and cost-efficient (TCO) solutions across country. Drive adherence to the TT&L regulations on sourcing processes i.e. utilization of the preferred Incoterms for in-bound and out-bound of goods, packaging instructions etc. Ensuring health and safety policies of company implemented at all the times. Transport Planner must be versatile, able to work as part of a team or individually and communicate with authorities, government officials.
- Transport Planner must be able to work under their own initiative and are required to derive solutions for potential transport problems and take timely decisions. You must also have strong negotiating and reasoning skills as a Transport Planner is required to write bids for the funding of projects and to work efficiently within time and budget constraints.
- Develop good relationship with all prominent service providers. Ensure the area of responsibility is properly organized, skilled, trained, and directed. Guide, motivate, and develop direct and indirect aides following HR policies, and coordinate talent management and succession planning within assigned area. Live core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business. Secure safe operation for transportation by having qualified providers operating in our supply chains. Ensure operational excellence for general cargo operations. Promote and ensure the proper implementation and rollout of the Center of Expertise (CoE) for General Cargo transports in the Business Units. Initiate, drive and/or support implementation of strategic cost saving initiatives and risk mitigation projects.
- Address and escalate appropriately project activities not compliant with processes and procedures, and/or not meeting savings target. Be the liaison to the trade compliance organization.
- Ensure all operations are executed by approved providers in line with the strategy from the global TT&L organization. Regularly collect demand and ensure adequate levels of supplier capacity are in place. Work closely with other functions to generate projects and bring value on quality, cash, transit time, material availability and costs.
- Support tender management to ensure business requirements are met. Support international cargo, export and import processes. Drive results towards common targets and KPIs. Follow-up on the general cargo spend, saving evolution and market trends.
- Ensure that all the factories in your area of responsibility are working aligned with the global tariffs and agreements with suppliers. Forecasting of the yearly spend and savings for transport activities. Support and consult the factories in transport cost control.
- Educational background with bachelor's degree in supply chain, Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics.
- Hands on experience on various Microsoft tools & SAP Applications. Strong Planning & Sourcing Skills. Minimum 8 years of experience in Supply Chain Management preferably in Transport, Trade, Logistics including Heavy Lift operations.
- Good influencing skills and stakeholder management. Ability to work independently and under pressure. Excellent negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the capability to transform data into actionable plans. Fluent in English in a MUST, other languages are a plus. Flexibility to travel atleast for 10%.
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Supply Chain|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company