Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- To successfully take on this position, you need to be thorough and structured with a high technical interest and strive for good solutions within the set time limits. You will be involved in projects, tenders, base work.
- To grow with each task, enabling yourself to develop and take more and more responsibility. HVDC is a complex product, there is always more to learn.
- Model and study the stability of HVDC system through simulations in PSCAD/EMTDC, PSSE, Power Factory and design the controllers.
- Handle the interface with other interfacing departments. Ensuring you understand their needs, and they yours, and to work for a good corporation for best end results together.
- Living Hitachi ABB Power Grids core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B. Tech/ B.E. (Electrical) with 3 years / Masters in Power System with 1 year of experience from a reputed university.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems studies and modelling of electrical network.
- Knowledge on IEC/IEEE standards is highly preferred.
- Understanding application of Power Electronics in HV/EHV system like HVDC and FACTS is highly preferred.
- Proven skills in using computers as a calculation tool.
- Experience of power system simulation tools such as PSSE, EMTDC /PSCAD and calculations in Matlab / Mathcad.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems equipment and their purpose, such as Power Transformers, Capacitors, Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnector, Surge Arrester etc.
- Knowledge in selection, sizing and integration of above equipment based on customer functional specification. .
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company