Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
- Modeling and design of thermal components and systems for power electronic converters, cabinets, and systems.
- Contribute to solving the challenges and optimization of the converter thermal system, which is an integral part of the complete converter design.
- Be part of design process starting from idea generation, simulation, thermal system design, prototyping and finally verification of new converter products.
- Take responsibility for specification, selection, qualification and verification of the thermal system.
- Support a fast, iterative design process in a cross-functional, dedicated team. Use fast prototyping and lab mock-ups to close learning loops and achieve results quickly.
- Working in modern laboratories; testing the thermal system in prototypes; evaluating designs limits.
- We offer an exciting job in an international environment where you will get great possibilities to develop further within Hitachi Energy.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- BSc/MSc degree in Mechanical/Thermal Engineering or related field
- Experience with mechanical CAD and thermal CFD simulation tools (Ansys IcePak, …)
- Experience with specification, selection, and qualification of thermal systems (heatsinks, fans, water cooling systems, …)
- Experience with power electronic converters/power supplies development process is an advantage.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity, and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
- As you will be part of a global business, fluency in written and spoken English is required.
|Location||Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company
More about us