Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Design engineering of Substation control and protection systems leading up to site commissioning to ensure projects are executed in accordance with company procedures, contract specifications and schedule commitments, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Hands on experience with high voltage protection and control system engineering design including schematics preparation, review of engineering documents, protection relay configuration, testing commissioning/ troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of substation primary equipment & basic protection functions is desirable. Power system, substation and MV/HV switchgear knowledge is an advantage. Familiarity with substation automation systems, Remote Terminal Unit (RTU), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Gateways will be a key differentiator.
- Conversant with design tools like Autocad or equivalent for substation layouts, cable schedules, wiring and termination charts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential, proven ability to handle customer comments and approval responses to support project manager in project engineering is a must.
- Acts as the champion for Hitachi Energy processes and policies, contributes to development of standard processes and work instructions by adopting Hitachi internal as well as industry best practices.
- Ensures lessons learned from all execution are analyzed and conclusions are incorporated as continuous improvement actions.
- Promote and enforces safe working environment by enforcing and supporting adequate HSE measures in all activities undertaken by himself & the team, follows ethics and compliances as per company guidelines.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Knowledge & Skill
- ABachelor’s Degree, preferable in Engineering Major in Electrical or Automation Control or similar field
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in SAS/SCADA domain
- Proficiency in both Spoken and Written English is mandatory.
- Native/Business level Japanese.
|Location||Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company