Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
For our research center in Kraków, Poland, we are looking for a Researcher with expertise in the area of Industrial Software Architecture and Engineering. You will join a dynamic, motivated and creative team with a broad range of experience and competences. As part of our team you will combine theory with practice, creating, testing and validating new technologies to enable the energy transition.
- Contribute to and lead research and development projects designing software for the next generations of products and systems for power grids, green energy and related fields.
- Collaborate with a global team of researchers and engineers in Hitachi Energy business units to identify and solve real-world challenges for our customers through expertise in software design.
- Work on ideas and concepts of new software with business impact, turn them into prototypes and verify them.
- Work with a multitude of technologies and stacks, for systems spanning from single sensors up to the cloud.
- Evaluate feasibility and performance of 3rd party components for application in our products.
- Network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise.
- Provide consultancy in your field of expertise to our business units.
- Collaborate with local and global external partners including universities, open-source communities, startups and vendors.
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in a related field.
- Practical experience with design and implementation of embedded real-time systems, ideally as part of an IoT system, including the associated reliability, performance and security aspects.
- Experience with container and microservice architectures.
- Experience with advanced software engineering and software architecture tools.
- Know-how of modern design patterns, methodologies, programming languages, frameworks and stacks.
- Ability to conduct all phases of a software project – conceptual work, architecture preparation, design, prototyping and verification.
- Willingness to mix conceptual activities with hands-on work.
- Ability to adapt to different team sizes – from single-person studies to participation in large teams.
- Experience with industrial/utility/automation systems and communication protocols would be a plus.
- Willingness to take an interdisciplinary approach, working with experts from domains away from own area of expertise.
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
|Location||Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company