Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Grid and Power Quality Solution (GPQS) is a Product Group that provides scalable solutions for substations, grid connection and power quality to efficiently tackle the challenges of integration with today's evolving power sources, transmission grids and distribution networks and ensure the quality of reliable and available power.
As a member of SCM for the Design to Value and R&D initiatives, you shall be responsible for the optimal Supply Chain set-up for the respective System Solution, supporting the team’s efforts to reducing cost and enhancing customer value, through identification and elimination of waste in product / system designs and configurations.
During R&D projects, this SCM Engineering Specialist will be working on current price/cost information and future price and market developments to ensure improved support for material, design and supplier selection decisions. He/her will be responsible for ensuring compliance of RFx processes and eliminate risk of dependency and intellectual property right violations with any limited number of suppliers and facilitate the consensus for supplier selection for early involvement. Additionally, he/she will be supporting the product managers with make or buy decisions and setting-up the value chain for the products. Time to time he/she will also be leading several design to value (DtV) initiatives from SCM perspective.
- Lead and execute Supply Chain tasks related to R&D Projects, Estimate SCM cost savings potential of identified initiatives in the projects and support business case and project plan development by utilizing VA/VE (Value Analysis / Value Engineering) methodologies, which focus on improving both existing product lines and new designs as a control for escalating material and labor costs, or improving product margins, while maintaining product integrity
- Identify innovation opportunities through proactive screening of supply market trends and active dialogue with prospective vendors.
- Identify waste opportunities across the Value Stream: suppliers / materials, logistics, product, mfg. process, expenses / supplies, services and others from a total cost of ownership (TCO) perspective.
- Leverage the knowledge and competence of the SCM network and liaise as required with e.g., Category Leaders and Lead Strategic Sourcing Manager at the appropriate organizational level. Ensure compliance with sourcing strategies, utilizing existing/preferred suppliers.
- Coordinates and negotiates testing and qualification cost and tasks to be accomplished by third parties.
- Manage and ensure the compliance of RFx processes to mitigate any dependency risk consistent with Divisional best practices and policies.
- Lead the supplier proposal comparisons with relevant stakeholder rating and facilitate the final selection.
- Recommend supplier selection based on HSE, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Strategic fit criteria.
- Draft and manages the development of supply agreements ensuring IPR protection and exclusivity of co-developed solutions with suppliers.
- Ensure effective implementation of supply agreements:
- Work with the stakeholders to develop and support the Cost out Strategy implementation for the GPGs, HBUs and projects.
- Coordinate the implementation of identified cost savings initiatives with support from Supply Chain and Operations while minimizing disruptions to production and exposure to inventory obsolescence.
- For a defined ramp-up phase of new suppliers / products: Process purchase requisitions and manage supplier communications. Monitor the delivery status (forecast and actual) for all products/services (including other deliverables e.g., documentation, etc) and updates the project team accordingly by the adoption of a proactive expediting regime. Resolve any issues which could adversely affect the suppliers’ delivery, quality, price, etc. and where required involve SCM representatives at appropriate organizational level.
- Effectively communicates to stakeholders the projects progression.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with all Group, Division and BU instructions and guidelines as they apply to the project.
- Identify internal demand, market price evolution and available market capacities;
- Establishing and maintaining a strong collaboration with Global and Regional Category Managers, leveraging the project with common strategic categories within Power Grids. Ensure a seamless flow of information, tender support and Internal Sourcing Governance;
- Ensure regular, timely and accurate data entry into the Price Data Base to safeguard transparency about market price evolutions;
- Contract negotiations and conclusion for Terms & Conditions to ramp up and long-term supply agreements (if applicable) to guarantee security of suppliers with the best conditions;
- Living Hitachi Energy's’ core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Work experience in the energy segment.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Category Manager or SCM Manager.
- Good communication and networking skills as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Technical interest and ability to analyze complex problems independently.
- You are a team player, driven, structured and have a result-oriented mindset.
- Fluency in English is required, and Swedish considered as a plus.
Hitachi Energy serves customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future.
We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD.
We are a pioneering technology leader and continuously apply our deep domain knowledge, expertise across power and digital systems, and global industry experience to push new frontiers and develop smarter, stronger and greener innovations. www.hitachiaenergy.com
|Location||Vaesteras, Vastmanland County, Sweden|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Supply Chain|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company