|Ort||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
You as Test Engineer - MACH System will be part of Hitachi ABB Power Grids business-based Chennai, you will be responsible to fulfill the current and future requirements of Hitachi-ABB Power Grid’s High Voltage DC (HVDC) transmission, ABB has developed a fully computerized control and protection system using state-of-the-art computers, micro-controllers and Digital Signal Processors connected by high performance industrial standard buses and fiber optic communication links.
- Configuring Test Environment - Test Environment is to be created with the components of MACH Control System in the Test Lab Facility, with Computers, Servers, Input - Output Boards and Simulation Environments.
- Develop or Write test procedures - Write Test Cases or Scenarios for verifying the functionalities of the Control System for Analog and Digital Acquisitions.
- Test Execution - Execution of test Cases, for various software and hardware releases using the developed test cases in the test lab.
- Test Reporting - Report the test execution details to the development team for further actions.
- Maintains Test Environment - Maintain the test environment with updated software and hardware for current and future use.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Electrical or Electronics Engineering preferred.
- Experience in testing of intelligent electronic devices (IED) related to power system protection
- Knowledge in Fault analyses using Transient fault records (TFR) & Events
- Knowledge in Analog /Digital Data acquisition system (Sensor, Signal Conditioning, comparators, Digital filter and Analog-to-Digital Converter)
- Experience in in control & protection IED logics, Boolean logic gates & able to design the graphical block programming based on requirements
- Knowledge on Manual testing, Automation Testing would be plus
- Knowledge in test case writing, test reporting and test execution would be plus
- Knowledge in Embedded Software Testing & Digital Electronics would be plus
- Proficiency in English, speaking and writing.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com