|Ort||Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
The Power Grids business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission, and distribution value chain. Hitachi ABB Grid Integration support customers in creating stronger, smarter and greener grids adapted to meet the needs of the changing power landscape. Our system solutions are designed and delivered to provide the highest lifecycle value with the lowest risk. Contribute to improving Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the respective organization to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment. Support the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice. Facilitate delivery of support from the Center of Expertise (CoE) and ensure effective risk management through HSE excellence along Hitachi ABB Power Grids value chain. This position is a fixed-term contract position, and the working location is based at our project site in Tondong, Kuching, Sarawak.
- Reports HSE incidents. Feeds back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across Hitachi ABB Power Grids to management and employees.
- Reports progress on implementation of ABB Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) as required
- Implements policies and standards.
- Ensures area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit. Assists line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and Hitachi ABB Power Grids Group policy, instructions, and standards.
- Facilitates HSE risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e. those directly concerned by the hazards, and
- ensures all processes are implemented.
- Drives behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization.
- Engages external (e.g. customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on Hitachi ABB Power Grids HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback. Cooperates with other functions, the CoE and business partners to drive HSE performance.
- Ensures appropriate safety equipment and tools are available and used.
- Identifies, plans and initiates training need, e.g. for employees, site managers, and agree with, and ensures delivery of training from
- the CoE. Drives and ensures compliance with Group management
- systems (e.g. ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
- Contributes to and/or plans and executes HSE, Sustainability and
- corporate Responsibility (CR) related projects. Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower,
- financials and other relevant factors.
- Living Hitachi ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 3- years of experience in Health Safety & Environment.
- Possess valid DOSH Yellow Book (Site Safety Supervisor)
- Knowledge in ISO and OHSAS standards and strong knowledge in substations (HV).
- Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically are must-haves for HSE specialist, who analyze data and compile it into usable material and reports
- Use written communication skills to create reports, training material and verbal communication skills to delegate tasks.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com