Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is a leading provider of power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in approximately 100 countries and employs more than 150,000 people.
We are currently seeking Manufacturing Team Associates to join our Power Grids division and perform general labor to manufacture world-class liquid-filled transformers for the distribution & power transformer markets within our South Boston, VA facility. Openings are in Assembly, Winding, and Support departments.
Under general supervision, you will be expected to follow specific directions to perform tasks in an assigned area in a heavy manufacturing environment. Assignments may include but are not limited to:
• Perform duties in a manner fully compliant with prevailing safety and quality procedures and policies. Maintain housekeeping standards.
• May use engineering drawings to wind, assemble, and fabricate product ensuring the highest quality product to meet customer requirements and delivery.
• Manually assemble material used in transformer manufacturing; very hands on process.
• Winders will operate semi-automatic and manual winding machines.
• In some areas operate machinery to fabricate material such as coil, insulation, wire, etc., used in transformer manufacturing.
• Use computer to check schedules, update manufacturing status of jobs, etc.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, check sheets, etc.
• Operate various types of cranes and fork trucks to aid in material handling.
• Continually monitor quality of work, addressing and resolving inquiries and problems.
• Participate in continuous improvements initiatives.
• Participate actively in team meetings and group discussions.
• Interface with other departments to accurately communicate information.
• Must be willing to cross train in multiple skills.
• Assist in the training of other employees.
• Must be a team player but able to work independently.
• Available to work overtime as required including weekends.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned by management.
|Ort||South Boston, Virginia, United States of America|
|Position||Production & Skilled Trades|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company