Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You shall be working in the research and development department, which is responsible for the automation logics relevant to Energy Storage, Microgrid and Renewable automation product families within the Grid Automation Business Unit - Grid Edge Solutions team. The R&D team is located at the Hitachi Energy office in Genoa, Italy. We are looking for a highly motivated engineering professional with the ability to drive automation research and development projects under the direction of the Automation Product Line Manager and working in team with the Project Manager.
Your focus is the automation of distributed generation use cases often integrated in traditional power systems like Microgrids, large plant BESS plants and Renewable sites like PV plants. You shall also be supporting the validation of Grid Edge Solution software and hardware control platforms ensuring the adequacy of them to meet increasingly stringent requirements with the support of a global R&D team.
- Leads all the technical activities coordinating a global R&D team in Italy and India.
- Manages project progress and adapt work as required leveraging on the Agile methodology Design providing support and guidelines during the entire lifecycle of the product development of automation control functionalities with the collaboration of the team.
- Implements of logics leveraging on best in class Hitachi Energy automation using platform specific languages (IEC 61131)
- Supports complete R&D project life cycle, from design to testing exploiting Hardware in the Loop and Software in the loop environments.
- Provides high quality support to engineering projects
- Supports rollout of the automation solution globally, including room and on the job trainings on real project.
- Proactively seek and implement quality improvements during the entire life of the project.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
- Proactivity, flexibility, good communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Solid presentation skills and fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- High awareness for quality, process and tool in related area. Master's degree, preferred in Electrical or Automation Engineering or comparable discipling 3 - 6 years of experience in digital control preferably applied to Microgrid systems, battery storage and renewable generation.
- Knowledge of IEC 61131-3 standard PLC Programming Languages
- Control loop experience is required;
- Knowledge of components such as PLCs, SCADA and field devices like Power Meters, Inverters, Battery Management Systems (Hitachi Energy Rtus is a plus)
- Experience on Codesys is beneficial
- Knowledge on most common industrial and electrical communication
- Eager to apply simulated and validated concepts on real automation platform.
- Knowledge of Hardware in the Loop platforms (ex: Typhoon) is a plus.
|Ort||Genova, Genova, Italy|
|Position||IT, Telecom & Internet|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company