Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Would you like to work in an international environment, with interesting career prospects and opportunities for broad networking? If you are ready for a challenge, you should become one of our new R&D Team Managers.
Transformers is a business line within Hitachi Energy that manufactures power transformers, reactors and transformer components including bushings and tap changers. The unit also supplies electrical insulation materials, fiber composite materials, machined and welded components.
You will be part of the global R&D team of BU Transformers, powered by about 300 engineers located in 12 countries. To lead our Transformers R&D Team located in Ludvika, BL Transformers is currently looking for a driven and determined individual eager to take up a new challenge.
- As an R&D Team Manager your core task will be, together with your team of engineers, to successfully execute and hand over R&D projects within the given budget, time and scope as defined by the Technology Managers and Global Product Manager.
- You will be responsible for line management and the development of the team and team members.
- As manager and resource owner, you will lead and distribute work task, support the team and the project managers to drive the projects, implement existing and further develop efficient work processes to increase productivity as well as preparing annual budget and follow up execution.
- You will ensure prompt and regular reporting on the projects status and take proactive action in case of any deviation from the agreed baseline.
- In the role you will collaborate directly with other R&D teams, different Hitachi Research Centers, receiving factories and engineering teams around the world, with a local focus for cross functional interaction.
- In R&D, you will encourage and support the team to challenge existing technology, propose projects and processes contributing to the global plans and processes.
- The team involvement ranges from technology scouting and assessment, technology development including working with intellectual properties to product development and product maintenance and improvements.
- As part of your role, it is expected to spend time in direct involvement as a team member in some of the R&D projects, contributing with your technical expertise.
- You have relevant engineering background combined with a couple of years of experience of product development. Higher formal education in relevant fields will be meriting.
- It is a preferable to have been in a management position or to have proven equivalent experience of leading teams.
- Transformer technology knowledge, as well as hands on experience of larger and multi-year projects will be considered a plus.
- You have a strong character, you are determined, result-oriented and have an open mind-set. You have a deep sense of ownership to deliver the assigned targets.
- You should be skilled at managing different types of people, be able to coach as well as motivate and inspire others. You are innovative and creative, and actively seek to challenge existing approaches.
- You are very familiar with Project Management and Product Development practices. You work in a structured way, applying relevant methods, procedures, and tools.
- Your presentation skills are strong, and naturally, your spoken and written English is good. Knowledge in Swedish is considered meritorious.
More about us
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply by June 19! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today.
Recruiting Manager Nima Sadr-Momtazi, email@example.com, will be happy to answer your questions regarding this position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer; Karolina Czechowski, + 46 730 73 41 15; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12; Unionen: Yvonne Norgren, +46 107-38 36 94 . All other questions can be directed to Lead Recruiter, Gustaf Hedström, firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Ort||Ludvika, Dalarna County, Sweden|
|Position||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company