Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a Graduate Electrical engineering will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Gauteng, South Africa. You will be trained on the products, systems, and service activities for the grid automation portfolio, and once proficient, you will support in evaluating customer requirements within the utilities, industries, and infrastructure segments to draw up competitive, tailor-made solutions.
- Reading tender specifications, proposing the most economical technical solutions to customer requirements, and preparing complete material costing, sales price, and technical documentation as per the tender requirements.
- Collecting and archiving documentation regarding the offer or order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly reporting the status of the bids or estimates or quotations using defined tools and collecting and analyzing the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
- Supporting the sales team in technical clarifications for the submitted offers during the bidding stage or order stage.
- Technical support for the sales organization in meetings, presentations, and negotiations.
- Creating of competitive offers for systems and products including their cost calculation, considering market-oriented technical and commercial aspects, and based on the relevant internal guidelines and processes.
- Active sales support with administrative tasks within the sales process, especially with offer and risk reviews, strategic considerations of the scope of delivery and determination of appropriate contractual conditions.
- Active development of our solutions, in line with customer specifications and general market requirements.
- Active support in market development in collaboration with new and existing customers.
- Identifying potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and any related contract agreements across customers or channels. Providing information and or participates in the Risk Review process by Company policy.
- Supporting in collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
- Should be capable of managing the set target dates & timely work completion.
- Employee shall also carry out any tasks that are assigned by management necessary to fulfil the job requirements.
- Ensuring coordination with the sales organization to develop a cost-optimized solution in accordance with customer requirements.
- Coordination of supporting work from the operation and product units and external suppliers for the preparation of offers.
- Efficient communication skills to influence internal & external stakeholders.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in (BSc/BEng/B-Tech) in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Proactive and communicative team player.
- Strong time Management skills.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
|Ort||Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa|
|Position||Sales, Marketing & Product Management|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company