Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are creating from scratch new industrial IoT platform which will be used to provide best in class
protection software for Power Grids. Our system is mission critical to keep lights on.
Since project is creating from scratch, we are using cutting edge technologies on practice not only in paper.
In daily work you will be able to get hands on experience on containerization, Kubernetes (k8s) and system designed in full fledge microservice architecture with all it benefits and drawbacks. We cannot promise you that this will be easy ride, but it will be for sure fun one.
Concepts like scalability, reliability, and availability are the key base so it is required to have basic knowledge about how they can be achieved in microservice world.
Quality is unquestionable so we constantly invest in test automation, starting from Unit Test level which are written in language in which microservice is written, through component and system level, ending on E2E Test which are automated in Python using PyTest. Hands on experience in Python and PyTest will be plus, but if you do not have any experience with Python and would like to learn it it’s fine too.
Our tech stack and tools include: .NET 6, REST API, SLQ (PostgreSQL, SQL Server), Git, Azure DevOps, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus.
Reporting to Łukasz Gawor, you will work in a collaborative environment.
- Working in a cross-disciplinary team using the Agile development methodology
- Ensure best in class product quality by performing configuration tasks and root cause analysis
- Automate deployment and delivery processes
- Report defects and issues in product
- Build, develop and maintain the Continuous Delivery toolchain, to achieve reliable and stable releases
- Develop and document the continuous deployment build and release process
- Interact with various global product teams to meet their specific needs
- Troubleshoot build and release issues, administrate servers daily
- Help implement process and tools improvements
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in computer science, information sciences or a related field
- 3+ years of hands-on implementation experience with DevOps / software configuration management. Preferred set (similar experience is also acceptable):
- Hands on knowledge in following areas:
- Git version control system
- Build management - Azure DevOps Pipelines, MSBuild, CMake
- Static analysis tools (SonarQube, BlackDuck)
- Docker / podman
- Kubernetes + Helm
- A broad and up-to-date background on build system technology and software engineering in general
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux based systems and technologies as well as system administration (preferred RHEL and Ubuntu as well as Windows Server)
- Scripting skills and passion to automate software engineering tasks (preferred Python and bash)
- SQL knowledge and basic DB administration skills
- Excellent communication in English to explain and document your ideas and plans for different audiences
- Experience in working in a globally distributed team is a plus
- Open minded and would like to learn and develop yourself and your software engineering skills.
|Ort||Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland|
|Position||IT, Telecom & Internet|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company