Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Machinist for its Alamo, TN location. This role is responsible for taking the raw stock and machine it to the desired dimensions for assembly into the various products made at Hitachi Energy Alamo Facility. Must successfully complete in-house machinist exercise on all machining equipment in the section. Work from Work Center Dispatch and print feeders for work orders.
- Clean conditions in the workplace, good housekeeping, well-organized and safe environment.
- Hitachi Energy standard toolbox for machine shop employees – fixtures, taps, drill bits, insert tooling, etc. Safety shoes and safety glasses required. Face shield to be worn when chips are circulating.
- Purchased aluminum stock, brass, bronze and cast-iron materials, raw steel, copper stock, and cleaning agents.
- May provide information to drafting, engineering, and the supervisor
- Normal supervision on routine assignments. Receives technical information form engineering as required
- Trained in CNC, lathes, machine centers, quality, safety, blueprint interpretation from engineering as required, MSDS training, fork truck training and training on all processes and procedures as they pertain to the job.
- Graduate of recognized trade school covering standard and computer controlled metal working equipment or demonstrated knowledge.
- Must meet the requirements of a Code 9 machinist and acceptably meet the requirements of the proficiency machinist standards in productivity and accuracy with a minimum of 4 years shop experience or demonstrated proficiency.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
|Ort||Alamo, Tennessee, United States of America|
|Position||Production & Skilled Trades|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company