Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are looking for an industrial researcher with expertise in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) at our research center in Baden/CH. You will develop cutting-edge EMC solutions for a wide range of power grids applications, ranging from power semiconductor modules up to entire high voltage DC (HVDC) converter stations, and combine theory with practice. Join our dynamic, highly competent, and inter-disciplinary team to contribute to a sustainable energy future for all.
- Perform industrial research on electromagnetic compatibility
- Identify sources of electromagnetic disturbances and quantify radiated and conducted electromagnetic noise phenomena in complex power electronic systems
- Apply computational and experimental methods to develop novel approaches to electromagnetic noise mitigation and equipment protection
- Keep a holistic view and analyze system-level technical and economic trade-offs driven by different EMC solutions in collaboration with our inter-disciplinary team
- Establish a network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise.
- Propose, contribute to or lead co-creative research projects together with our Hitachi Energy business units and research centers, external universities, and industrial partners. Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports
- PhD in electrical engineering, physics or a related field
- Expertise in theoretical and numerical electromagnetic analysis methods and the development of electromagnetic noise mitigation solutions
- Hands-on experience with laboratory and field work using EMC test equipment such as EMI receivers, vector network analyzers, impedance analyzers and antennas
- Knowledge about power grids applications, such as HVDC, flexible AC transmission system (FACTS) converters or low voltage high power converters is a plus
- Proven track record of publications at international conferences or in high-impact scientific journals
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, team player attitude, initiative, and creativity Fluency in English (written and spoken)
|Ort||Baden-Daettwil, Aargau, Switzerland|
|Position||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company