Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Project Manager Engineering and / or Construction & Commissioning focuses on coordination of all engineering activities in assignment project, ensuring that activities related to all engineering disciplines within the project are efficiently and cost- effectively executed, in accordance with the contract specifications, quality standards and safety & integrity requirements. The activities associated with project manager engineering and / or Construction & Commissioning include discipline engineering and design; planning, e.g., the production of engineering and / or Construction & Commissioning budgets, schedules and risk assessments; and the provision and coordination of resources (personnel and equipment) to execute the work.
- Engineering development: Ensuring that engineering is developed with complete information and that all multidisciplinary information has been included.
- Leading development of new solutions for complex projects and challenges. Coordinating design with consortium partners. May act as a design authority for a particular engineering discipline and completes engineering assignments for that discipline.
- Construction support: Collaborating on project installation, commissioning and site activities, clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors. Providing technical support to commissioning and start-up activities. Supporting Contract Manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.).
- Defining project tasks and ensuring allocation of tasks among project team members. Defining schedule, cost and quality metrics.
- Evaluating risks and opportunities. Identifying opportunities for repeat and new business.
- Working with customers to drive and deliver improvements. Interacting with officials, contractors and suppliers.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required; Professional Engineering certification preferred.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum of eight 8 years of technical, commercial and construction experience on FACTS, HV/MV substation engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) projects.
- Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suites and Lotus Notes is a plus.
- Travel is required; up to 30% both domestic and international.
|Ort||Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America|
|Position||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company