Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are looking for Electrical Design Engineer that will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes. This role will be based in Zaragoza where Hitachi Energy has a factory focused on Dry Transformers.
– As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will dimension dry transformers dielectrically, magnetically, thermally and mechanically; based on the customer specification and factory requirements.
– Since each transformer is tailor made to suit customer needs, you will work closely with the end customer, sales, project management and mechanical design department when developing an optimal technical solution based on materials and loss optimization.
– Be involved in both tender and order transformer designs, conduct design reviews with end customer, and be technical support to our sales department during tender negotiations.
– Work with development of the product to continue being a leading manufacturer of large power transformers.
– Prepare specifications, technical reports and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instructions.
– Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, Customer Specifications, documents & reports.
– Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application and recommend revisions, as appropriate.
– Participate in the investigation of technical issues and the establishment of procedures & corrective actions.
– Choose specific technical accessories compatible with the design and customer requests and pre-pare cost estimation of the design in several stages (as sold, as designed, as built) taking the ownership of the design to avoid deviations in costs and performance.
– Master’s degree in engineering with a major in electrical engineering, industrial engineering or engineering physics. An electrical knowledge is required.
– Around 2 years of professional experience working with transformers is preferred.
– Good interpersonal and communication skills.
– Since our external communication at Hitachi Energy is in English, you need high writing and verbal language skills on this language.
– Sole responsibility for technical solutions, independence and resolution are important qualities, as is a curious mind and a flair for innovation and business.
– Strong attitude for using basic computer applications (e.g. MS-Office).
– Capability in a 3D modeling package would be considered as a plus.
|Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
|Engineering & Science
Interested on working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company