Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
As Shell form transformer electrical designer, you will join the Cordoba team of Technology Center South Europe, part of the global Technology organization of business unit Transformers, contributing to the successful roadmap execution defined for your team.
- As shell form transformers electrical designer you will perform all the dielectrical, magnetic, thermal and mechanical calculations needed for the dimensioning of the transformer according to the customers specification and standards requirements. The designs activities will be oriented mainly to R&D and design of special shell form transformers.
- Prepare specifications, technical reports and related documents as required for the special shell form transformers manufacturing.
- Review and analyze a variety of technical specifications, Customer Specifications, standards & reports.
- Prepare and analize test results statistics oriented to improve design criteria or design rules.
- Participate and give support in the investigation of technical issues in the factory and on site and the establishment of procedures & corrective actions.
- Perform design platform testing before the release for production.
- Propose and develop new technologies, products, and processes for shell form transformers.
- Maintain existing and develop new technical standards and design tools for transformers.
- Transfer your knowledge and findings by elaborating reports, specifications and/or participating in educational programs.
- Assess production processes and proactively identify gaps and areas of improvement.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Grade in Electrical Engineering. A master degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering shall be well considered.
- More than 3 years of experience as electrical designer or R&D Engineer for transformers.
- High level of knowledge in the required areas for the transformer technology. Knowledge on shell form transformers technology shall be well considered.
- Experience with advance numerical simulations (e.g. magnetic or dielectric simulations), proficiency in use of commercial simulations tools (e.g. Ansys, Infolytica,) and implementation of own solutions shall be well valued.
- Excellent abilities in teamwork in international teams with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Spirit of innovation, out of the box thinking.
- A high level of self-motivation.
- A collaborative, structured, problem-solving, self-driven, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Spanish.
- Communication skills.
|Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
|Engineering & Science
Interested on working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company