As a source of reactive power, Hitachi Energy low-voltage capacitors provide significant improvement of power quality and reduction in energy costs by:
- Reducing or eliminating expensive utility penalties for low power factor
- Reducing power losses in cables and transformers
- Increasing power transmission capacity in cables
- Increasing available transformer capacity
- Improving voltage stabilization in long cables
The CLMD capacitor family includes the following capacitor types: CLMD13, CLMD33S, CLMD43, CLMD53, CLMD63, CLMD83, CLMD03 and the CLMD03 power module (PMOD03).
The PMOD03 is an all-in-one compact and pre-wired power module (including capacitor, contactor, fuses and discharge resistor), especially developed to allow easy capacitor bank manufacturing with a significant cost minimization.