Breakthrough oil-free traction transformer with integrated cooling system
RESIBLOC® dry-type transformers by Hitachi Energy have been relied upon by customers for more than 40 years. This technology has been deployed in highly demanding applications such as marine vessels, offshore oil & gas, underground mining, and many other extreme environments. RESIBLOC® transformers are known and utilized for their incredible strength, durability, and high performance.
Hitachi Energy has successfully brought this safe and trusted technology to the world of traction propulsion systems by introducing RESIBLOC® Rail. After the successful launch of RESIBLOC® Rail in 2012 with 6.5 kV, Hitachi Energy upscaled this technology in 2021 to offer RESIBLOC® Rail up to 25 kV.
With over 100 years of pioneering leadership in Traction Transformers and with more than 30,000 units currently in operation across the world, Hitachi Energy is well aware of the customers' challenges.
RESIBLOC® Rail with integrated cooling
With a vision of supporting customers to design and operate safe, reliable, and efficient trains, Hitachi Energy has further enhanced the trusted Resibloc Rail technology.
RESIBLOC® Rail is now the first dry-type, traction transformer with an integrated cooling system! It is a unique breakthrough technology of plug-and-play, dry-type traction transformers that can significantly reduce installation complexity for the train manufacturers while retaining the benefits of dry-type transformers. In effect, reducing the total cost of ownership. RESIBLOC® Rail with integrated cooling is available up to 25 kV.
Why choose RESIBLOC® Rail, dry-type, traction transformers
Dry-type transformers ensure complete protection of people, property, and the surrounding environment. With the additional benefits of removed oil pumps and zero chance of leakages, the RESIBLOC® Rail transformer can perform a nearly maintenance-free operation with 45% reduced winding losses at the same weight as traditional traction transformer units.
- Air-cooled and oil-free - no risk of an oil spill or leakage
- Environmentally friendly according to BGI 655
- 45% lower winding losses and efficiency as high as 99%
- Reduces operating energy costs of trains by up to 10 percent
- Reduces CO2 emissions by 38 tons per train per year
- Successfully shock and vibration tested according to IEC 61373
- Designed according to fire protection standard EN 45545
- Almost maintenance free
- Suitable for operation in extreme environments up to (minus) -60 Degree Celsius
Why Hitachi Energy?
- 100+ years of experience in manufacturing transformers
- Highest level of safety with significantly lower fire potential
- Technology validation over several years and more than 20 million kilometers
Related News and Events
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you