|Lieu||Lilydale, Victoria, Australia|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Product Lead Engineer to join our High Voltage Products team in Lilydale As Product Lead Engineer, you are responsible for executing engineering and support activities focused on maximizing the performance of Hitachi Energy’s Medium Voltage outdoor switch portfolio. This includes but is not limited to; production support, product continuous improvement and development, production cost optimization, supplier quality control, and customer support activities. By gaining a deep understanding of utility power networks, in time you will develop into the lead technical reference for our Medium Voltage outdoor switch product range - for both internal and external customers, to support our market leading position. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn and grow. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation Hitachi Energy is a pioneering technology leader. We are helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep industry and factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. We offer power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission, and distribution value chain. That is what we do – Why we do it – sustainability. We are advancing the world’s energy system to be more sustainable, flexible and secure. We are playing a significant role in enabling a sustainable energy future – for today’s generations and those to come.
- Ensuring the subject products maintain identified performance standards. Establish guidelines for monitoring, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain correct production instructions and documents such as: BOMs, work instructions, component and assembly drawings. Identify and implement system improvements, and effectively communicate changes with necessary stakeholders.
- Utilizing Lean (Design to Value, and/or similar methodologies) and by engaging with production personnel, identify and implement improvement activities to optimize manufacture processes.
- Ensure smooth implementation of new products (or product features) through coordination of multifunctional teams.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers for technical support, to improve material quality, and/or to optimize costs. Obtain and evaluate prototype products, and develop technical tests as required.
- Support field operations in analyzing issues, and coordinating customer requirements.
- Provide technical and/or production-based support to help achieve sales order and revenue targets and resolve technical issues. Provide installation and operation training for internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (electrical, electro-mechanical, robotics/mechatronics preferred)
- Min 3 years relevant experience. Exposure to electrical industry and /or production and manufacturing environments highly valued.
- Familiarity with MV electrical distribution networks and switching fundamentals advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. High attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in complete Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to interpret (and ideally generate) electrical and mechanical CAD models/drawings. (Creo preferred).
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing or equivalent processes.
- Highly organized with a focus on timeliness and the ability to meet deadlines amidst changing priorities and activities.
- Ability to implement change and influence people to accept/adhere to changes.
- Experience in coordinating stakeholders in diverse functional areas; Relates well to people at all functional levels
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Highly proactive, flexible, and with demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of business financial and commercial aspects. Comfortable tracking project planned costs vs. actual
- What we Offer (crowd sourced from our team members)
- A strong focus on learning – we offer multiple options to upskill in both your professional field and areas of interest
- In addition to the standard EAP offering we fund access to specialist help lines for our people in the following fields of expertise – First Nations People, LGBTIQ+, Domestic and Family Violence, Eldercare and Disability and Carers
- Wellbeing support – a range of initiatives to support wellbeing including webinars, RUOK?365, mindfulness programs, resilience programs
- Career opportunities – we encourage people to build their career here and roles in Australia are advertised internally and communicated weekly
- Flexible working for roles that can accommodate that
- Genuinely multicultural workplace
- The opportunity to purchase additional leave to support you integrate home and work
- Paid parental leave
- Additional leave including charity, compassionate, serious illness
- The ability to swap public holidays for religious days that have meaning for you
- A global organization focused on sustainability and harnessing the power of renewable energy
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. Hitachi Energy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognizes the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our team and encourage applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disability/ies and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.