|Lieu||LILYDALE, Victoria, Australia|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
System Verification Centers are the backbone of the Solutions Validation Process on the newly established Center of Excellence for Engineering (CoEE) of Hitachi Energy Grid Edge Solutions, that design and supply green energy solutions, from microgrids to utility scale, based on Battery Energy Storage Systems. System Verification Center Leaders will operate in team of globally distributed System Verification Centers, in order to improve and maintain engineering standard solutions focused on Batteries and Power Conversion topics including the integration of the Hitachi Energy Portfolio with third party technologies. The System Verification Center Leader will be responsible of the safe operation, improvements, troubleshooting and maintenance of the System Verification Center. He/her will coordinate the operations and will perform and support the other teams in the solutions tests and validations. The System Verification Center Leader will be responsible of the instrumentation safe operation, calibration, improvement, troubleshooting and maintenance. The specialists will also play a key role in supporting the Sales process on the topics related measurements and test.
- The System Verification Center Leader will be responsible of the safe operation, improvements, troubleshooting and maintenance of the System Verification Center and of the instrumentation and tools required to validate the engineering solutions.
- The System Verification Center Leader will interpret component and systems specifications, manuals, electrical drawings, and will deliver product requirement specifications, guidelines, and application notes related the System Verification Center, the instrumentation, the test performed in the SVC and the related results.
- Bidding - Will work with the Regional Tender Specialist and will be responsible for providing practical & applicable test solutions for the client.
- Procurement – working closely with strategic procurement to ascertain proper and technologically viable procurement of equipment, parts, instruments and tools related the SVC and the test to be performed.
- Maintains compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Drives application and development of best practice across the entire value chain to promote a culture of excellence in operational performance. Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives within the GES CoEE teams. Works closely with Solution Owners, Engineering Specialists, other GES organizations, and sub suppliers to optimize and improve overall solutions.
- Leverages support from Regional Tender Specialists, Engineering Specialist, the Hubs’ delivery/execution teams and INOPC Support to develop specification of systems and solutions to meet customer needs. Motivates and trains the other technical specialists.
- An Electrical Engineering degree or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience with specific technical expertise in Power Conversion Systems and battery technologies for storage applications.
- Having good knowledge about different battery technologies with knowledge about the certification and safety requirements of batteries.
- Having good knowledge about Power Conversion Systems with knowledge about the certification and safety requirements of PCS.
- Good understanding of automation and control integration requirements of batteries and PCS.
- Good understanding on electrical protection, measurement instruments, safety approaches.
- Detailed know how of standards related the test of equipment and local safety regulations.
- Knowledge of the global power market.
- Strong Technical and Management background, preferably in the power engineering or energy industry.
- Pragmatic, focused on achieving results, at the same time giving necessary attention to detail to ensure consistent, correct, timely completion or risk review process.
- Problem solving, open minded, resolute, open to discussion.
- Comfortable to work in a very dynamic delivery environment in a challenging market.
- Connecting with other people easily, focus on “getting the job done and done right”, teamwork, leadership, negotiation skills.
- English language (fluent) is a must.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com