|Lieu||Chennai, Manapakkam, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- As Project SCM Specialist you will be the focal point between HVDC and our suppliers during the execution phase of our projects.
- You will work close with Project SCM Managers, Category Managers, Logistic Planners, Suppliers, Engineers and Documentation control to follow up and secure that the equipment deliveries from our Suppliers is according to agreed time, cost and quality.
- You will form a team together with other Project SCM Specialist and take on an equipment or project responsibility.
- During the project execution you need to ensure relentless execution with proactive planning and follow-up all equipment delivers with our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- During project execution you will also drive, attend or provide information to kick-off and clarification meetings with suppliers.
- You will work closely with the Project SCM Manager to solve upcoming quality constraints or deficiencies with the supplier equipment deliveries.
- Vendor list: Contributes to vendor list management by providing Supplier Performance data.
- Supplier performance - Participate and contribute in supplier performance evaluation input to Category team for supplier development.
- Communication - Establishes clear and transparent communication internally, externally, and between different Divisions, Business Units and Functions and supports the implementation of PL activities and initiatives in the Region/Country through this clear communication.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Have an academic degree in a relevant field: BE ( Electrical / Mechanical ), Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience.
- Experience of Project management or procurement / Category Management.
- Genuinely interested in technical components and systems.
- You are a team player with strong communicative and collaborative skills who likes to interact with other people.
- You are used to a multicultural and challenging global business environment and can handle several tasks in parallel.
- Described as energetic, motivated and self-confident person who can handle both ups and downs and manage problem that may occur.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Experience in HVDC project will be an added advantage
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com