|Lieu||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
We are looking for a passionate Global Design-to-Value Manager to complete our Hitachi Energy Switchgear team! In this role you will drive competitiveness improvement of the DTB production portfolio of PGHV, Global Product Group Switchgear by the utilization of the Design-to-Value (DtV) methodology. You will have the opportunity to take ownership, manage stakeholders and shape your role to increase offering margin of our products with the right features at most competitive cost required by our customers.
- Consultancy, expertise, and knowledge sharing: Drives for utilization and implementation of the Design-to-Value methodol-ogy in the assigned product lines of DTB including the supplying Global Product Group of Circuit Breakers and Drives. Ac-tively leads cross-functional DtV projects and assists in assigning DtV Project Managers to scale the efforts in line with the business needs and priorities. Ensures compliance with the DtV reference process and company standards, tools, and processes. Owns validated ideas and enables for global fertilization of cost reduction/value increase ideas. Closely monitors and safeguards the idea implementation with the functions.
- Project Management: Closely collaborates with Product Management on the development of the DtV roadmap and market-based cost target setting across the assigned product lines. Ensures successful and timely execution of related DtV projects. Transparently tracks and reports the progress and escalates roadblocks.
- Deliver Results: In line with strategic goals and in close collaboration with the Global Product Groups, the Global Design-to-Value Leader shares accountability for delivering business results through DtV projects resulting in order/revenues, offering margin increase and customer value creation.
- Operational Excellence: Operates in line with the DtV governance rhythm and seeks for continuous improvement on the DtV reference process and toolkit. Monitors and controls efficient resource utilization to ensure customer value creation.
- Risk and opportunity management: Identifies operational difficulties / challenges in assigned projects and leads the DtV teams in the recommendation of ideas and solutions. Supervises risk management and strategies and ensures action taken to mitigate and control risks.
- Change management: Being an ambassador of Design-to-Value, the Global DtV leader drives cultural transformation along with cost awareness and leads by example with a hands-on approach.
- Engineering degree (Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
- Significant experience (5 years +) in the utilization of cost/value optimization methodologies such as Design-to-Value.
- Minimum 10 year working experience in the development, manufacturing and supply of High Voltage Switchgear Products with excellent cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Track record as Project Manager, certification in Project Management through a recognized institute such as PMI is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global organization and to influence collaboration and success of geographically dis-tributed teams.
- Strong business acumen and solid understanding of the value creation chain.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate on all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com