|Lieu||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
This role will oversee developing and designing new software systems by reviewing, repairing, maintaining and testing systems to improve business operations
- Primary focus on Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Office 365, Winshutle, Shell & SAP
- Perform automations for Office 365 Apps and SAP using VBA
- Build VB prototypes and small scale applications, along with VBA scripts, in a bid to automate Excel spreadsheets.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain MS Office applications, and handle both frontend and backend development procedures.
- Design, configure, develop, and implement enhancements and production fixes to existing systems.
- Develop and implement new systems and ensure that their configuration is properly handled.
- Use development best practices, and appropriate patterns to develop required software solutions.
- Create SQL Server views, stored procedures, and queries, and actively mitigate potential security gaps.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including user manuals and guides.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives, based on the individual needs of each user.
- Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties and ensure that technical knowledge of all phases of application systems is maintained.
- Develop, maintain, and support existing MS Excel VBA applications, and analyze and convert business requirements as needed.
- Perform object-oriented analysis and design, and diligent testing to ensure optimal performance of all assigned systems and system modules.
- Work with team members including project managers, solution architects, and business analysts
- Work towards understanding the Business Process flows for building automation capabilities
- Develop high performing, reliable, and scalable solutions
- Clearly communicate technical details to business and management staff
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills for translating requirements into informative visuals and reports.
- Min 5 + years of experience with educational degree in Computer Science / Management / Equivalent
- Advanced Excel – Data Validation, Conditional Formatting, File Consolidation, Pivot Tables, Charts, Nested Functions, Security, Recording Macros, Writing complex macros etc.
- Automated PowerPoint slide creation. Automated Email Triggers / Reminders. Data Extraction from Emails. Web Scraping
- Data extraction skills from sources like SAP, SQL, Intranet and Local storage
- Software Development experience using Microsoft technology stack (C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server etc.,).
- Clear understanding of Agile & SDLC
- Debugging, version control, documentation, project lifecycle management and testing
- Experience in MSSQL database with PL/SQL.
- Experience in Excel Macro development using VBA script mandatory.
- 4+ Years of Software Development experience in a customer facing role.
- Any experience with Cloud Native deployments is huge plus.
- Possess the abilities to write code in a manner that adheres to SOLID principles of Object-Oriented Design.
- Write unit tests for your code as a practice
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com