|Lieu||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is a world leader in the area of High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) and Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) solutions. We have in-house development and manufacturing capabilities of all key components for HVDC and FACTS portfolio including high power semiconductor devices HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) and HVDC Light are highly efficient alternatives for transmitting bulk power and for special purpose applications. The classic HVDC technology is used to transmit electric power over long distances by overhead transmission lines or submarine cables. It is also used to interconnect separate power systems, where traditional alternating current (AC) connections cannot be used. HVDC Light® is a power transmission technology developed by ABB that offers additional benefits compared to HVDC Classic. Read more at https://www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com/offering/product-and-system/hvdc. Project engineer ( VE) is responsible for all electrical design of semiconductor based solutions for AC and DC used in our HVDC transmissions. As part of your daily tasks, you will coordinate the work within calculations of HVDC and SVC valves, including voltage design, as well as loss and thermal calculations. Joining our unit, also responsible for specifying testing’s and ensuring execution is according to current standards and customer specifications.
- Design of power converters used in applications like HVDC/FACTs/Power Quality etc.
- Understanding application of HV/EHV system & design of Electrical power Systems
- Knowledge on HVDC System design and studies .
- Knowledge on IEC/IEEE standards is preferable.
- Preferably experience of power system calculation tools such as MathCAD, MatLAB and Simulations in EMTDC / PSCAD.
- HVDC Control & Protection will be added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill, Fluent English
- Bachelor of Engineering ( Electrical & Electronics ) / Master of Engineering specialization in Power Electronics.
- Should have experience of power system/power Electronics as per job description.
- PSCAD, MATLAB, Mathcad, Microsoft office is added advantage.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com