|Lieu||Zaragoza, , Spain|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy Transformers is seeking a Business Unit IT Application Specialist. As Application Specialist you manage application from its initial planning, development through retirement (decommissioning). The Application Specialist is responsible for release management, operations and compliance management; contributes to application portfolio and demand management. This role is accountable for applying strong IS application technology knowledge and expertise to any application IS activity within all IS process domains, especially within Build and Run to support global business needs. As an Applications Specialist you will be responsible for capturing functional design and process flows, employing risk management and quality controls and creating a strategy of improvement that utilize industry best practices to meet business demands. The Application Specialist will be actively participating with the platforms and applications teams to build a know-how understanding of integrations and how they impact the IS landscape. While participating in the delivery of services to the business for application support and enhancement. Our flexible work practices help you optimize personal and business performance while creating an environment where all employees can develop their skills and grow.
- Manages application from its initial planning, development through retirement (decommissioning);
- Monitors everyday operations of application development team and provide regular feedback
- Works with business and IT teams and manage all project requirements;
- Manages, plans, schedules and controls an application or platform build through different stages (including testing and deploying) and environments;
- Supports and monitors efficient work of analysts and application specialists;
- Collaborates with architects, quality testers, application specialist to achieve quality deliverables;
- Consider and manage IT controls, regulatory and legal requirements while designing, delivering and running platforms, applications and services
- Supports business unit to prepare for and execute TSA exits for the platforms and related services in scope in alignment with Enterprise Architecture guidelines and timelines defined by Power Grids IT Leadership team;
- Manages integration platforms from initial planning, development through retirement (decommissioning)- responsible for release management, operations and compliance management. Contributes to application portfolio and demand management
- Involved in the implementation, management, maintenance, and optimization of Integration Platforms and corresponding solutions/services in regards of application knowledge. Is responsible for operations framework integrating Service Monitoring, Event, Incident, Problem, Change Control, Configuration Management, Service Remediation, and Service Level Agreements
- Proactively supports installation, management, maintenance, and optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related to IT solutions/services
- Executes all actions in IT processes according to agreed RACIS specification
- Maintains effective communication channels towards stakeholders on the delivery side – internal and external service partners, and on the customer side - with IS teams of the connected applications and systems;
- Becomes the subject matter expert for applications within the domain;
- Creates and Maintains business process documentation related to applications in the landscape;
- Guides and Advises business administrators and users in proper use and care of the application.
- Installs and Maintains applications in support of business continuity and improvement.
- Identify application improvements in functionality, stability and support processes and implement strategies to accomplish them;
- Provides guidance and advise on implementation best practices and execution;
- Manages Business demand and incident flow from the business;
- Creates project plans and calculate effort estimates to support business budgetary requirements.
- Provide escalation plans to the users and execute them in daily support efforts;
- Coordinates the delivery of new development or enhancements to solutions to improve quality of service for the business.
- Creates and Executes quality controls within the development process using CD/CI Pipelines and test plans;
- Owns internal and external compliance requirements and enforce policy to meet standards.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, electrical or mechanical engineering;
- 10 years of experience in platforms and applications management and service delivery;
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering applications with integration to SAP preferred;
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development or Solutions Architect role providing end user solutions or support;
- 3+ years of experience in Project Management practices, including process mapping, process improvement and value stream mapping;
- Experience with EDI/B2B and Integrations Platforms. (MuleSoft, Ariba);
- Effective personal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others, drive new capabilities, and bring new ways of thinking into the organization;
- Effective listening and communication skills across mid-level management and business area teams
- Proficient in Domain specific skills, problem solving, analytical thinking, stakeholder management;
- Highly proactive and results-driven attitude, ability to take ownership of projects;
- Experience and ability to work with virtual delivery teams as well as distributed stakeholders in multinational companies;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate fluently in English in a global multi-cultural diverse environment;
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com