|Lieu||Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Due to our organization’s dynamic growth, we are hiring a Control & Protection Engineer, based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. You will be acting as the responsible C&P engineer overseeing the installation and commissioning of substation control and protection systems for assignments classified as medium commissioning complexity, managing completion of all commissioning activities efficiently and cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements. Our flexible work practices help you optimize personal and business performance while creating an environment where all employees can develop their skills and grow.
- Carrying out the testing & commissioning of Control & Protection Relay panels, Substation Automation Systems (SAS) delivered in various locations within The Netherlands, and actively contribute to the Service Management team of Grid Automation Systems
- Execute the project commissioning safely following all safety standards of Hitachi Energy as well as of the customer.
- Report hazards & near misses at working location back to office for records and further improvement
- Ensure that customer relations are managed in an optimal way
- Carryout the commissioning as per the documented process description and checklists. Continuous interactions with the engineering and project management team to carry out the site works effectively. Clearing of open points; to be signed off with customer before leaving the site
- Report the Site progress & Site plan. Ensure efficient use of the commissioning assets like test kits, tools, etc.
- Handing over the marked-up drawings to engineering for preparing the As-built drawing and onward submission to customer to close the project
- Initiate and monitor risk mitigation plan in one’s area of responsibility and ensure stakeholders are updated on associated technical risks
- Guide Associate Commissioning Engineers and coordinate work with entry level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff. May manage small project teams
- Representing the commissioning function at project meetings and commissioning review meetings
- Preparing project documentation for SAT, FAT as required. Obtaining approvals from utilities for commissioning activities of protection systems main and back up relays including scheme testing
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Educational Qualification; Engineering Diploma or equivalent
- 2 plus years’ experience in a control & protection engineer role
- Knowledge of substation control and protection systems, philosophy principles of applications and concepts. Working knowledge and understanding of protection philosophies
- Basic knowledge of communication protocols like IEC61850, LON. IEC101-3, DNP etc. Strong knowledge of control and interlocking logics in substations and able to read schematic drawings and identify or locate mistakes problem solving and conflict resolution
- Proven technical report generation, communication, customer interface skills multi priority and multi-tasking. Analytical and strategic approach
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written Dutch and English language is required
- Willingness to travel abroad occasionally for short periods of time.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com #LI-NEU1